Our secure Memory Care neighborhood is devoted to caring for individuals who are dealing with the challenges of Alzheimer’s or another form of dementia. Residents are supervised at all times in ways that allow them to make choices and maintain their independence and dignity while continuing to engage in rituals and customs. Jewish holidays are celebrated, meals are strictly kosher and local rabbis regularly visit residents throughout Kline Galland Home.
Our specially trained care team has years of experience and is highly skilled in anticipating, understanding and meeting the needs of residents. Each caregiver serves a small group so they can build a loving and lasting relationship with each individual.
Keeping Residents Engaged in Jewish Life
Our robust activities program helps ensure that residents continue to lead joyful, purposeful, religiously-oriented lives. We tailor activities to each individual’s interests and abilities and include such things as:
- Discussion groups on Judaism led by community rabbis
- Shabbat services in our on-site synagogue
- Music & Memory is a nationally recognized program that provides people with personalized music, which they can listen to on an iPod or other digital device
- Drama therapy fosters a sense of pleasure and connection
- Creative storytelling for self-expression in a non-judgmental environment
- One-on-one activities for residents who shy away from group interaction
Family members are a key part of the Memory Care resident’s care team. They can provide essential religious history and insights into needs and preferences. This allows caretakers to bond with the resident and provide meaningful and targeted care.